Saturday, January 16, 2010

Happy New Year...I think

So here we are, in 2010, and I have not been very good about blogging. I have a lot going on, which I can't get into yet, but hopefully it will all get worked out soon. In the meantime, I finished reading the Codex Alera. For those who have not read this, it is a series of 6 books by Jim Butcher. You follow the journey of a furiless shepard boy as he grows into a young, powerful man (with furies!) leading his people against the deadliest foe they've ever encountered. Fantastic series, great character interaction and growth - I can't say enough good about it, except to read it for yourselves.

That said, I would *love* to see Codex Alera in movie format! A movie for each book, otherwise you'd be cutting far too much out of the stories. If you've read the books, just think of it: the Canim, the Marat, the Icemen, and the Vord all done in the same incredible motion capture animation as the Na'vi from Avatar. Not to mention what could be done with the furies! The battle scenes could make LOTR and 300 look paltry in comparison. I wouldn't even care if the movies were each 3 hours long - it would be incredible.

I think I just talked myself into reading the entire series all over again.

Are you listening Mr. Butcher?

No comments:

Post a Comment

GamersGate.com