Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cute Story

Today is my mother's birthday. I won't be able to spend time with her, so I had flowers delivered to her at work. I didn't put on the card who they were from, just "Happy Birthday Mom!" Probably 2 mins after she received the flowers, I received the following email:

Did you send me flowers? The card just says "Happy Birthday Mom!!"

I replied:

I donno, are they nice?

Obviously I knew they were from me, but I wanted to have a little fun.

They are beautiful, they are in a basket with purple and pink flowers.

Now for the kicker.

Oh, well, then they are from me.

After I finished work I called my mom and she asked me if the flowers were from me or not. I told her they were, and she gave me the following story:

I picked up your sister from dance class and asked her if she had flowers sent to me at work. (My baby sister is 8 yrs old.) She looked at me thoughtfully and said "I don't know. Were they nice?" I told her that they were, and described them. She smiled and said "Well then I guess I did."

All I could do was laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GamersGate.com