Friday, August 7, 2009

Have I got an eye for you

I have been remiss in blogging - I apologize. There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to get everything done that I want to.

Geekiness abounded at work today. I got into a discussion with one of our developers about the possibility of using Biometrics as a security measure in our software. Specifically we were discussing the use of fingerprint scanning. OK so we were mostly talking about how cool that would be, despite the knowledge that it is completely unrealistic for our application. That led to talking about retinal scanning. Oh the geek levels were off the meter!

That was pretty much the extent of the discussion, but as I was driving back from my popcorn craving run, I had the craziest thought: what if touch screen monitors were Biometric? Our software is touch screen compatible - if the screen itself was able to identify the operator with every touch, you couldn't pass yourself off as someone else. It's the ultimate security - unless someone steals your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GamersGate.com