Sunday, January 4, 2009

The original death by foofoo

To blog or not to blog, that is the question of the 21st century. I have attempted on several occasions in the past to blog, but found myself posting insipid drivel that even I didn't want to read. As I have gotten older however, I find myself being more introspective, and found a desire to write that I haven't had since I was 12. My fantasy stories are blossoming as a result of the creative juices flowing, but I find I want to write more than that. So, I will blog. I can't promise it will be anything more than the insipid drivel I used to write, or even mildly entertaining. It will be what it will be.

In the spirit of blogging, here is my first ever posted blog, an excerpt from an email to my dad:

Death by foofoo

Ponder this - They say spiders are more afraid of you than you are of them. I say that's bullshit. If that was true, then explain to me this - why is it every time I see a spider some distance from me still, it will disappear before I can kill it (though the attempt is made,) only to reappear just centimeters from being on me? If I'm such a big thing to be feared, why get so close? I think spiders are like cats - they do it just to laugh at my reaction. You know the one - running off into the next room screeching and doing the "get it off me" dance. Well the jokes on them....dead bastards.

Editors note: Yes spiders were harmed in the making of this story. That's what they get for dropping down in front of my face while I'm trying to watch TV. They're just lucky Cleo didn't get to them first - she likes to toy with her prey until they're so worn out they just give up. Then she chews em up and spits em out.

On a side note - those wolf spiders are nasty! They have this move where they flip themselves over onto their back - not sure if it's to play dead or to bite the attacker. Either way it doesn't stop death by foofoo.

And shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GamersGate.com